Saturday, October 20, 2012

Look a Craft Project!


I finally finished a craft project that I have been wanting to do for some time now. I am addicted to interior design magazines such as Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware and spend many moments lost to bliss flipping through those pages. This is an idea that I got from the 2011 Christmas/Holiday issue of Pottery Barn. They had taken an old picture frame and segmented wires horizontally along the interior of the frame. Then Christmas cards had been placed on the wires creating a pretty nifty display for cards and mementos.

A few weeks ago when the cats destroyed our hallway mirror the frame was left intact. It is a pretty great frame and I knew that if I thought about it long enough I could do something with it instead of throwing it away. That is when I remembered the wired frame that I had seen in Pottery Barn.

I did not have any wire, but I did have twine...and duct tape...and friends, that frame got redneck rigged. Now, I have a fantastic place to put my favorite postcards! Also, Grant and I have been wanting to make a "gallery" wall above our bed and this gave us an excuse to work on that project. We are pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment