Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hindsight


The GRE is over, and by the way, it went just fine! I got the scores I need for Ph.D applications, but something funny happened. During the math sections I experienced a new sensation. My brain rebelled, flat out rebelled.

I realized that I am a 25 year old woman and I do NOT need to know how to calculate slope, or volume, or anything of that nature anymore. My brain refused. For the first time in my life I was able to say "I do not need to know this to be a successful human being."I will do it for now, on this test, but never again. I figure that since I can balance my checkbook, use fractions for cooking (when necessary), and can calculate my GPA or test scores...I really will be just fine in life. Sorry, every math teacher I have ever had...you cannot make me do this bullshit anymore. Math is gross.

In other news from last week, my car got dinged in the Starbucks parking lot. It wasn't bad, my bumper just got scratched from where someone backed into me. Nothing some Turtlewax can't fix. I think it is funny that none of the dings or scratches on my car have actually been caused by me.

Now that the GRE is over I have to get my butt back in gear for the rest of the semester! I turned in my Master's candidacy forms yesterday! This means that I am officially on the roster to graduate with a Master's degree in art history! I cannot believe this is already happening. These will have been the shortest two years of my life!

At the moment we are prepping for celebrating Thanksgiving in Tulsa with our families! Which means pumpkin bread is baking, dutch over bread is rising, and butter is being churned. I am so excited to see everyone!

So many things on the to-do list today, but they are all blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment: