Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sunset Bubbles

The Obvious Choice
This weekend, my dad and step-mom came to visit Grant and I for Father's Day! It was a wonderful for us to see them and for them to roadtrip down just to see us! (Can you tell that was a giddy sentence?!) We were so excited for them to get here! We cleaned the house, Grant found an awesome wasabi pea trail mix for my dad, and I eagerly wrapped a memory-card picture frame for his new office, I made double-fudge brownies (to go along with the cold cans of DDP in the fridge), and we were so thrilled to finally venture out to POPS together! We all stuffed ourselves with Italian food and episodes of Portlandia, and my dad surprised me on his special day by taking me shopping! He is such a goofball!!! I almost cried that my dad wanted to spend the afternoon shopping with me at the mall. It meant so much to me. I was so excited just to spend the day with him!I love my dad. He is the king of awesome. No one in this world makes me laugh or smile in quite the same way that he does. I am one very lucky Pooh Bear.

We were sad to see them go at the end of the day, and Grant and I stayed up talking about the awe-factor of our parents. We got lucky as far as the gamble for parents goes. We sipped our coffee in the living room late into the night and thought that we just might make it, years down the road with a family of our own, if we could be half the parents that ours are.

Here are some fun pictures from our weekend. Some I took and some I didn't. I hope everyone had as much fun this weekend as we did!

We also bought a ton of soda while we were at POPS. Below is a list of all of the brands and flavors we got!
  1.  HotLips Raspberry Soda (my personal favorite, there are real raspberries inside!!!)
  2. Cold Mountain Cream Soda (For Lisa)
  3. Cold Mountain Black Cherry Soda
  4. Orange Fanta (For Dad)
  5. Dry Lavender Soda
  6. Dry Lemongrass Soda (For the hubsters!)
  7. Lester's Fixins Coffee Soda
  8. Americana Root Beer
  9. Celon's Mythical Cream Soda
  10. Snake River Sarsaparilla
  11. Cock 'n Bull Ginger Beer
  12. Dry Rhubarb Soda (Also, for the hubsters)
Wall of Soda



No comments:

Post a Comment