Saturday, April 14, 2012

Windy, Windy

Today is such a blustery day! We are expecting some serious tornadic activity later this evening. I am mostly concerned that we are going to lose power as we usually do any time there is heavy rain or wind. Oh well, such is living on the plains!

 I so wish I had my camera yesterday when I was driving back from Texas. The storm clouds were rolling in over I-35 and I had such a great view of the open pasture land to the west of the highway around sunset. I noticed that people were pulling off to the side of the road to watch the storm, so I decided to stop too. Some people were recording the rolling clouds that were tumbling along the skyline, at first obscuring and then revealing the glorious peach and gold sunset.

Today I am working in our room and trying to finish a paper. The wind is tossing our curtains around and making the whole house smell like spring rain. Nyx is curled up next to me on the bed and sleeping away the afternoon. She doesn't seem to mind when I mumble something random from Aristotle's Physics as I try and find a specific quotation. She is a sweetie like that.

Since I didn't get my own picture of the storm over the highway yesterday, check this one out from deviantart.com. It is pretty close to what I saw!

No comments:

Post a Comment