These little babies were inspired by our friend Stephen's most recent visit. Stephen is gluten intolerant and this always delightfully challenges me to be creative with my recipes. These corncakes were also inspired by a recent trip I took down to Georgia where I tried pumpkin cornbread on St. Stephen's Island. It would seem that by providence of Stephens that this recipe has come about!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Corncakes
- 1 pkg gluten-free cornbread mix.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup oats (or more if you prefer)
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Grease a muffin tin and fill each cup with a generous portion of the mix.
- Heat oven to 400*
- Cook muffins for around 15 minutes or until just crispy on the tops.
- Make 9-10 cakes
I served our cakes alongside a variety of honeys and preserves. The favorite combination was a cake topped with Savannah Bee Company's "Tupelo Honey" and Livesay Orchards peach preserves.